Tuesday, April 4, 2017

finding the why and just one pound - 171.4

This little graphic shows what happens when you have a solid REASON for losing weight. I stole my "why" from someone else... a substitute WW leader! She said that her "why" is 'to be the best cyclist she could possibly be.' And my thought was I want to be the same thing! And if I were LIGHTER I'd be BETTER! Et voila, my why. In any case, that was the beginning of March, and oooh lookee what happened there! -5.4 pounds on the WW scale. Go, me.

I am currently nine pounds from goal. I think it will take a lot of hard work to get there. I am going to do the work to get halfway there this month, but I really don't want to focus on all nine pounds. I want to focus on just the next pound. On Friday I was 173 on the WW scale. I am focusing on 172 this week. That's it. Planning, sticking to the plan, tracking and working out as needed to get rid of just. one. pound.

So in other news... I am in excellent ski shape, we went last weekend and it was beautiful and really easy for my legs to carry me down. I think that's partly because I am LIGHTER than I was last year, and also stronger thanks to the BASE workouts I have been doing. Our house is getting back to normal, it's almost done, I just need to put everything away, now. It will be really, really nice to enjoy it this summer. I would like to put in a pergola... but I digress. We really did a lot of work this weekend painting, moved things around, etc. Knocked myself out pretty well.

Work is... on the up. I got my boss to agree to my PMP certification where the company will pay, but I still need to buy/use vacation to attend the course. Works for me. Terrible project ended, fun projects coming up. So... for now, it's OK. I have little motivation, though. I am not sure what to do about that. I go to the office and just want to eat all the things. I don't do that, of course, but I want to. But that will not get me to my just one pound and being the best cyclist I can be, now, will it? I think I'm mad at work taking over life. Like, I really want to go to Moab instead of go see this training thing. It directly interferes with how I want my life to look. However, I really want to be able to fund my adventures, so perhaps it's not so bad.

Happy Snowy Tuesday in April, everyone.






1 comment:

  1. Hi! I really like your "why" and it seems to be a good motivator for you. I binge-read several of your posts when I stumbled upon your blog. I've enjoyed reading about journey. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete