Tuesday, April 11, 2017

sh!t happens... 167.2

I went to a bbq on Saturday and ate A LOT of food - like, waaaaaaaaaay overate. I was pretty irritated with myself but then, well, first bbq of the season, I'm not prepared, it happens, right? Learn from it and move on. Of course I was super uncomfortable for the rest of the day. We went to the baseball game and it was good that I walked a lot because man, I felt terribly.

By Sunday morning I didn't feel much better, but at least my digestive track was moving pretty well to get it all through. And then maybe it was moving a little too well... and then all of a sudden that afternoon everything started coming out the back end - and it just kept on coming! It went on for a good 8 hours. I don't ever remember having *that much* gastric distress. Clearly it was more than just a response to overeating the day before; my body was definitely trying to rid itself of something. We had to cancel dinner that Sunday night for obvious reasons. I sent my friend a toilet emoji, she was like "S*** happens!" It does, indeed.

Now it is lunchtime on Tuesday and I'm still not normal. These past two days I have eaten chicken broth, a banana, some shredded wheat and wonton soup (maybe not the best choice there with the wonton soup, also some chinese fried noodles - just say no to that stuff when things aren't right in the innards!) I still felt badly last night, and had a terrible headache from no caffeine so DH made me some green tea which did help. I had some with my shredded wheat this morning, and at work I got a bottle of coke, I'll drink half of it today. Things are starting to solidify, slowly... but man, what a cr@ppy way to spend the weekend. Literally.

Anyhow, I'm down to 167 - four pounds, that's kinda nuts. I'm definitely dehydrated and undernourished, so I don't want to stay that low right now, but it is really amusing that you can lose so much weight so quickly! I am always surprised at how much stuff is actually in my intestines. I mean, it all came out... and then some. It's amazing that your body has this response to some things, too - seriously, it's like all of a sudden something in there pulls the "EVACUATE! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, EVERYBODY OUT!" alarm in there and bam, out it all goes. Of course, it takes at least 8 hours to do so, then the next couple days to clean up any stragglers - gross. I'm happy I'm on the mend now.

So yeah, lost four pounds with one intestinal bout, so now I really am just one stomach flu away from my goal weight! Definitely NOT the way I want to lose the last few pounds. YIKES.

Happy Tuesday, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment