Monday, April 24, 2017

Coaching Liz - 174.0

I had an interesting revelation during my bike ride this weekend. I need to believe in me, for real. I need to coach myself through the finish line, here. I think I am the only person who, up until this weekend, didn't believe I could get to where I want to go. I told myself that was cr@p thinking and that it is time I changed my mindset. Here's what came from the planning session I had for myself while on my ride:

  • Set up a consult with Kirsten to talk nutrition. (sent her an email)
  • Get back to 3x cardio per week. (This week that looks like a Tuesday night spin, Wednesday night run, Friday afternoon barre class)
  • Get the MOST out of my training sessions - so that means, arrive 15 minutes early to warm up and stretch. Tell Brian I need to work hard. Give him feedback on the last workout.
  • Stretch more.

And just like that, I am now Coaching Liz and I will get her/myself to the finish line. I can do this, and I will.

Case in point: I just got back from lunch with my work friends. We like to go to this pizza place that has lunch specials - salad and a slice, or two slices. I usually alternate between the salad/slice special or a side salad with a side of meatballs. Before we got there I was planning on the salad/slice special but then thought about my food intake today and decided to go the healthier meatball/salad route. When I went to order, they were out of meatballs. I was crushed... my healthier option was not an option! At this point, I really didn't want the slice. I almost ordered it, but then decided to just get a bigger salad instead, no slice. Go, me!!

Well when they brought out my salad and also a free brownie for the inconvenience - and I passed that tasty treat right along to my coworker. Again, GO, ME!!

My lunch was really delicious and I'm not hungry at all!  I am so proud of myself! **WINNING!!!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment