Tuesday, October 25, 2016

What Would You Say

I surrender. I am laying down my arms and waving my open, empty hands high over my head. I am looking directly at you, You, so you know I mean it when I say I want peace between us. Because I love You.

You are the Me with fifty extra pounds on your frame. The Me that decided to go for it, to make a change, to struggle through opposition and make the changes stick. To work, relentlessly, toward the goal of a healthier body which would carry your soul – my soul – Our soul. You chose to make the investment of your time, your effort, your sweat… and You made so many sacrifices for Us. How can I feel anything other than gratitude and love for You?

And to Me, I also declare a truce. No more war, Me. No more blame for not getting to Her more quickly.  No more shame for remaining who You have become. Because right now, Me, you are awesome. You can ride your bike on every paved road in Arches National Park. You can walk a half marathon or more if you had to, and do it up or down a mountain. You are a great friend to great people. You are a wonderful wife, sister and doggy mom.  And you even do this while paying your bills on time, planning the home renovation and the spectacular vacations and working to keep yourself and your family healthy. Nothing but love, Me – I have nothing but love for you and the great hope we will enjoy peace between Us forever.

As for Her – we haven’t met yet, but know that You and Me are coming and We have been looking forward to meeting you for a very long time. Once we get there, help You and Me remember that We were just lost for a long time and didn’t know how to help ourselves. Once We get to you, Her, help us stay with you. We know you will take Us on lots of physical challenges and We will share many accomplishments but please don’t let You and Me forget that it’s not just Her that can do those things – it is We, and You and Me CHOSE to take on the effort to create the strong, healthy vessel for all of our souls. We are all each other.

No more war. Only peace between Us, for ever and ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment