Friday, October 21, 2016

tired

I had a great birthday week. I did a lot of planning to stay within my points and save up for my actual birthday. I tracked and worked out and stuck to the plan. I went to the meeting ON my birthday, because I knew the day after (my normal meeting day) I'd be up from salt / sugar... well, the scale was stuck at the same place it has been for 2 weeks now. I haven't hit a plateau like this in a long time. Maybe next week will show a big loss.

I feel I am doing everything right and I'm happy to give myself the gift of good health. BUT... seeing the same number was extra disappointing on my birthday. I do know it's not about the number (totally applies to age, too!) but still. Speaking of age, an old friend saw me and wondered how it was possible to look younger. What a nice compliment! I feel good. I look healthy, even if I have a few extra pounds. But I am tired. I'm not getting enough sleep, I have a few work projects going on and they're just slipping lately. And things are really starting to seem overwhelming, so I think it's important for me to kind of relax and figure out what really needs to be done in the near future.

My birthday was really wonderful. This is the point where some sort of reconciliation is beginning, or ending, or whatever - it's different for everyone, and for me I feel I am at the end of it. The last half of my thirties were spent wrestling with what God gave me. It's only in the last year that I've come to accept it and enjoy the blessings for what they are. There are so many blessings.

Happy Friday, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment