Wednesday, February 15, 2017

it's a new day

And I have chosen to make the most of it. Yesterday is finished, thank goodness. My day did not improve after I left the office. I ruined Valentine's Day for myself - but not for DH. In the end, we did have pasta and a glass of wine together, and made a manageable plan to make progress on the house for the rest of the week. DH is really wonderful. I am so lucky to have him as my partner for life!

House stress is getting mitigated, I cleaned last night and like I said, we made a plan for the week and the impending house guests (who I am *very* excited to see!!) I was just so overwhelmed with all we had to do, but after talking it out with DH I realized it will be OK!

This morning I woke up and worked out, planned my food, and have taken some positive steps toward changing my work situation. Work projects are on track, opportunities exist and I'm going for them.

My sister will be in town this weekend, it's her birthday. I was upset I didn't have a card or a cake or any plans, but I have taken care of all THAT, too, and I'm so happy I get to see her tomorrow!

I am still disappointed with how I handled my stress yesterday, but I think it is important to acknowledge that I snapped out of my downward spiral in a few hours, not a few days. I feel good about making progress with my resiliency, and overall I do feel a lot better about things today.

I'll get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment