Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas is coming! - 174.0

My mindset is changing. I have managed to lose a pound this month. I have been working, but I have also been eating Christmas cookies and pizzelles, drinking a lot of champagne, etc. So I'm pretty darn happy with my one-pound-in-one-month loss here for December. Turtle club!

The last couple weeks were particularly stressful. I had a health scare, a project deadline, Doggy Love swallowed another sock, got another surprising negative annual review, house construction issues, trying to meet up with friends and get ready to go to PHL... it's been a lot. Luckily, all has been resolved for the most part.

Health is good, in fact, my doc said my weight was perfect and I don't need to do anything about it!

My work - annual review was, well, surprising, but I talked with my boss's boss, it wasn't a great conversation but we're going to do this through Employee Relations, so I'll have a third party present. GOOD. The guy gives me no indication I'm under-performing, the last feedback I got from him was a REWARD for doing so well with our group process, then slams me with "Does Not Meet Expectations" on my review. His boss set up the first meeting with Employee Relations. I hate that it has to be this way, but I see no other option. Work deadline was met, despite doggy and the sock. By the way - hydrogen peroxide can expire! We gave Doggy the max amount of peroxide and no throw up. :( Eventually at 3AM he threw it up. Ick. I felt bad for DH, as it was HIS sock, and then I was dramatic about it and made him feel worse... which made me just sick to my stomach as well. Great night at our house. But, it worked out, thank GOD!

And then the house is under construction and everyone has invited us to parties and we're leaving for Philadelphia - we are so, SO lucky to be so loved. But I'm exhausted. Looking forward to doing a lot of nothing and catching up on my sleep!! So with all of this, like I said, I'm happy to be maintaining and slightly losing. A lady at work just told me I look like a million bucks these days, I guess the weights are paying off.

So, with that, I'm off to finish up work stuff so I can get ready for Christmas in PHL. Merry Christmas, everyone, it really is the MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment