Monday, June 27, 2016

Colorado BikeMS

I did half of the Colorado BikeMS 2-day ride this weekend. 66 miles on a bike, which I believe is my farthest distance yet, by one mile! It was a really fun ride, very well supported and I was with lots of friends. I forgot how much fun it was to ride with other people!

I love this photo of me at the finish. I was really happy with how I did. It was just a beautiful, fun day and I had a really nice ride. And then when I finally looked at the pics, I couldn't believe how overweight I looked in all of them - until I saw this one, and I was like "Oh my gosh, is that really ME? How did you make me look so thin in it?!?!"

So. Yeah. The ride was easy. Truly, I barely felt like I was trying. Totally could have ridden back the second day, but was happy to just hang out with Mr. Blueberry Pancakes for a few hours.

There's a lot of life stress going on at the moment. It sort of led me to make poor decisions on Saturday, despite my major bike ride. In the end I did ok. I did recognize it as it happened, and started tracking, and moved on with better decisions overall. It is amazing how much you can eat if you aren't paying attention. For a little bit, I consciously chose not to pay attention, but I don't want to do that anymore.

I'm so happy I did this ride, and I can't wait to do it again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment