Tuesday, January 15, 2013

freaking myself out over a number

Last week I got a new weight book at Weight Watchers - they put a sticker in your book every week with your weight and the change, from both the beginning and from the previous week. Last week they put a sticker in the last slot in my book, so I have a new book starting this week.

I am so very close to the next scale 'decade' as some call it. I did NOT want a sticker in my shiny new weight book that has my current, higher scale decade in it. I am so close to being in the next 'right' one, I didn't want the current high one on record... and it wouldn't be if I could just lose a mere 1.3 pounds this week. If I did that, I'd be down in the 'right' decade and my book would have no record of me being up higher.

Well of course I have totally sabotaged myself all week and there is very little chance I'll be down in that scale decade come Thursday morning. I am completely freaking out over a number. I need to just let it go. I know I will be disappointed on Thursday, I'm disappointed NOW. I have made all sorts of excuses for why I didn't make better choices, why I couldn't work out, why I want that cookie, why why why why WHY DIDN'T I JUST SUCK IT UP AND DO WHAT I NEED TO DO TO LOSE THAT WEIGHT? HONESTLY!!!!

Le sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment