Thursday, January 31, 2013

letting go of the number

At my WW meeting today my leader said something which was very timely for me, personally.  She has said it several times, but I only just now got it. She told us to let go of the number you are trying to get to. Each time she has brought this up, I have thought to myself 'OK great, but then that means changing my goal, why would I do that?' Well today, I got it. We have to let go of the number because it is IN OUR HEAD that we can't get to THAT number. She said we need to make the number something else - pick a different number, higher, lower, whatever.

My goal number is 1XY. 1.X.Y. I'm fixated on that number, and on the number of pounds I am ABOVE that number. Why did I pick this as my number? Because it is fifty, 5-0, pounds from my starting weight. 50 is another number! Really for me to be in the healthy weight range, I just have to get down to 1AB. So I could pick THAT as my number. I just need to focus on a different number, any number other than 1XY or how many pounds away I am from 1XY.

For this week, I'm letting go of 1XY. My new number to focus on is ONE. As in, I just want to lose one pound in one week. That's it. I'm going to keep planning each day, keep tracking, and keep attending the Bikram yoga classes I have started. And I know I can lose one pound.

By the way, I was down two pounds at weigh-in today after planning, tracking, measuring and attending yoga several times this week. Guess I'd better keep all that up for one more week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment